Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thoughts for a new day.

I have lived an experience today that I thought it was completely behind me. I needed something to bring me back to my own self. I have been on this path to the center of myself for a while and still shakes me when something like this happens, it takes me off my balance. This is a fragile phase and I must hold myself with care so I can keep myself where I am and get the strengh to move forward. I am still holding to a crouch to keep my aching heart and, at this moment, any action can send me back to the beginning of the path...

I decided to go for a long and well deserved walk with the full moon illuminating my way to and back from the beach. The clear sky, mercury still close to the moon and easily seen from down here, the calm waves shining under the moon light like tiny diamonds, and the sweet ocean breeze surrounding and embracing me with its fragrance. All that harmony made me desire to be part of it and enticed me to a night swim, it felt like the sea welcomed me and hugged me with its warm water making me one with it.

Now sitting here awake at 11:00 with no sign that I will sleep at any time soon, listening to Billie Holiday singing in the background....I had to go to my readings to try to find the peace and balance in my soul that this event has disturbed...to get thought tonight and see a new tomorrow.

This is the last day of summer, my favorite time of the year and I have promised myself that this is also the last day that this issue will ever bother me again.

These are few of the thoughts I read on one of my books and they just spoke to me as I needed them.

"You have done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn into positive, effective, unstoppable determination."

"The meeting of two souls is like the contact of two substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."

"These are my last words to you. Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact."

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as thoughh you could not hold a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

"The stupidest mistake in life is thinking the one who hurt you the most, won't hurt you again.

Now it is the time I have been waiting for. Time to laugh, to rise, to be happy and free again.

N. Cardoso 09/22/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment